Powered by Blogger.

EMBRACE YOUR QUIRKINESS

by - November 30, 2018



Photo Credits:@charlesetoroma
I am not weird I am just unique…. and so is everyone else.We are told we are weird when we do things that are different from ‘the norm’. However the question is what really is normal?

Normal is relative-it varies from person to person.You know they say that life doesn’t come with a manual. There is no standard way of saying what a normal human personality should be.We just are since we were created to be different, personality really only exists on a spectrum. When we try to fit into a certain personality we lose who we are. We lose what is natural for us.

Our quirks are our superpowers-Those things that make you different from other people also make you unique.They make you have something that nobody else has. Remember all those superhero movies we all like to watch, we embrace those characters because they are different and use those gifts for good and to inspire others. We admire them because they stand confident in who they are instead of hiding. They embrace their unique qualities and fight for what they believe in even if others do not agree with or like it. Our quirks are our strongest assets.We can all be real life heroes and make an impact in our societies.

Growing up I was a very shy kid as a result I spent most of my childhood without any friends. All the other kids thought I was weird because I was very quiet and just minded my own business, some even picked on me. It made me feel like an outcast most of the time that people did not like me or want to be friends with me.I thought i was the problem because there was something wrong with me. I beat myself up all the time over it since I just wanted to fit in but couldn’t.

As we entered the teenage years the popular girls in high school were all about beauty and boys, latest trends in fashion, make up. Discussions among the cool girls’ circles revolved around these topics and I felt left out as always. I would never be that cool to fit in because I did not like make up, nor did I have a boyfriend and I also tend to favor the classical and vintage fashion styles, I was in short the complete opposite of what cool was.
I spent my whole life not liking me because I was desperate to fit in. I thought if I was more like other people then they would stop disliking me.

It took me a long time to realize the real problem wasn’t that I didn’t fit but that I was trying to be someone else. It wasn’t about people not liking me but rather me not liking myself. PEOPLE ALWAYS SUBCONSCIOUSLY PICK UP ON OUR FEELINGS.THEY END UP TREATING US EXACTLY HOW WE THINK OF OURSELVES. If you think you are great then you will act great and people will automatically think you are too.Start believing in yourself and others will as well.

This realization put me on an exciting journey of love, self discovery and growth as a person. All the aspects of my life I saw as negatives like being shy, too honest, speaking bluntly, unconventional fashion style, my obsession to be organized and responsible are really positives and sweet too. All these little things that I thought made me a strange and unlikable person turns out are what make me a unique and beautiful lady that I am.

So go on stand tall and be proud of who you are because you are amazing just the way you are.

Leave a comment, like or both below👇and don’t forget sharing is caring!

Love muchly,
Liz😍😍

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. i really like this piece. i always re read it whenever i visit this blog.It motivates me alot. It reminds me that my difference is my strength

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful. I am glad its an encouragement.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.Share your thoughts with us.